Glenwood offers classes for 6 weeks old through 2nd grade. At each level, our focus is on the development of the child -- educationally, physically and emotionally -- for that particular age range. Of course every child is unique so we tailor our childcare and teaching styles in such a way that we can adapt to the special needs of each child.
Infants (6 weeks to 17 months)
- Caregivers provide a loving and nurturing experience for each infant in their care.
- Classrooms are kept clean and cribs and toys are sanitized regularly to insure a safe and healthy environment.
- Schedules are followed to make the transition from home to center smooth and comfortable for both parent and child.
Toddlers & Twos (18 months to 35 months)
- Caregivers are energetic and provide opportunities for interactive play in small groups.
- Caregivers encourage independent skills to enhance each child’s developmental growth as well as be a supportive and loving adult in their daily lives.
- Activities are provided to support coordination and age appropriate gross motor development.
Three Year Olds
- Teachers provide the structure needed for each child to explore new skills confidently.
- Introduction to letter and number concepts through Funshine Learning Curriculum blended with thematic units.
- Classrooms provide the opportunity for children to work and play cooperatively together in small and large group settings.
- Reading Readiness Skills are introduced through the Alpha Time Curriculum to lay a strong foundation on which more advanced skills can be built.
- Children develop a “can-do” attitude that enhances their ability to meet challenges with success.
- Daily experiences expand the understanding of their community and world giving each child the opportunity for life-long learning.
- Teachers provide instruction fostering individualized learning skills that enables each child to develop their confidence and independence.
Kindergarten, 1st & 2nd Grade
- Teachers ensure a creative approach to learning about the world we live in through literature, science, and social studies.
- Good citizenship skills and values are encouraged through cooperation and positive interaction with peers and other adults.
- Private Kindergarten education offers individualized learning in a structured environment allowing creativity and exploration. Students gain confidence in phonetic based reading curriculum through Lippincott letter books enriched with sight reading skills.
- 1st & 2nd Grade students develop fluency in reading through phonics and mastery of vocabulary words. Classroom settings offer individualized learning which promotes a strong foundation in math and number concepts.